Asamoah Gyan begins training to get ready for the World Cup in Qatar | Lotal Ghana

 Asamoah Gyan begins training to get ready for the World Cup in Qatar

 

Asamoah Gyan begins training to get ready for the World Cup in Qatar
Image by Soccernet

Asamoah Gyan, a former captain of Ghana, has been seen working out after declaring his ambition to make an incredible comeback for the Black Stars before the 2022 World Cup.

 


The storied striker was photographed working out at Ajax Park in Legon in an effort to get in form before the competition starts on November 20.

 

Gyan, who has 51 goals for Ghana, said he is trying to make a surprise comeback as he seeks a spot in the World Cup roster for his country.

 


Gyan has been on the sidelines; it's been three years since he last played for the Black Stars.

 

The Sunderland player entered the game against Tunisia in the round of 16 of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as a substitute.

 


It is now quite tough to consider selecting him because he hasn't received any invitations in recent years due to his club career.

 


Gyan last participated in a competitive game in a Ghana Premier League matchup for Legon Cities versus WAFA in May 2021. He ended his contract with the Accra-based team a few months later and is still hunting for a new one.

 


Since the former Al Ain resident hasn't engaged in any activity for the past 16 months, many people assume he has retired. However, Gyan denied rumours of retirement in a BBC interview, saying he still has work to do, particularly with the Black Stars.

 


"Anything is possible. You are aware of prior occurrences. I'm referring to Roger Milla's comeback from retirement to play for Cameroon in the 1994 World Cup. I'm not yet retired. I haven't made my retirement public yet. "You are aware that I have been sidelined for about two years owing to ailments in my body," he informed the BBC.

 

 

"I only need to rehabilitate my physique. In order to get back in condition and test how my body responds to playing competitive football, I've obviously started training. I believe I already have the talent; all I need to do now is get ready physically, and we'll see what happens from there."

Source: Soccernet

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
'); ');