The Messages app in iOS 17 features a genius gesture that you must learn

 The Messages app in iOS 17 features a genius gesture that you must learn

 

The Messages app in iOS 17 features a genius gesture that you must learn

The public release of iOS 17 has been available for a few days. Some of the new capabilities that Apple added to the iPhone operating system have taken me some time to get used to. It was a first for this long-time iPhone user that I had not tested any of the iOS 17 betas. Prior to the September release, I frequently went right into the iOS betas to test the new features.

 

I may not have run any beta releases, not even the more recent ones, because iOS 17 doesn't have many significant features overall. However, iOS 17 includes a ton of little improvements and features that you'll like.

 

The updated Messages app is one of my favorite features of iOS 17. The app now has a clever gesture that you need to pick up right away. You'll frequently use it to send images over iMessage to friends and family.

 

Since I hardly ever used the majority of the functions in the iMessage app's busy bottom portion, I never liked it. When I'm conversing, I'm more inclined to send pictures or videos, whether I take them with the Camera app or choose the ones I want to share with the Photos app. I frequently use those buttons.

 

With iOS 17, the Messages app's bottom part is substantially cleaner. Apple added a straightforward "+" menu to the left. All of the menu options that would have been in the bottom bar are hidden by that menu. This covers the shortcuts for sharing photographs: camera and photographs.

 

There are all the other apps that you could wish to utilize with iMessage. You can reorder them by giving any of them a lengthy push, making the ones you use the most accessible.

 

I definitely like how much cleaner Messages looks now, thanks to this straightforward design adjustment. One of the pleasures for me since Apple unveiled the redesign live at WWDC was the redesign. I was familiar with the menu's operation even before iOS 17 was installed.

 

I was unaware that it offers a great shortcut to the Photos app that makes it possible to take pictures more quickly. If you long-press the "+" sign, you'll undoubtedly stumble into it. You only need to do that for the photo image selection to appear. When that happens, you can choose which pictures to email to the person or people you're speaking with.

 

It's not a ground-breaking feature, but it is the kind of expedient that will help you in iMessage chats involving large amounts of media sharing. Strangely, the long-press gesture doesn't trigger a haptic reaction, indicating that you're looking at a novel move.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
'); ');